Monday, July 29, 2013

Sy reviews: Fixed On You by Laurelin Paige

Add on:
Purchase on:
Amazon | B & N

 ~Synopsis~

Stalking and restraining orders are a thing of Alayna Wither’s past. With her MBA newly in hand, she has her future figured out—move up at the nightclub she works at and stay away from any guy who might trigger her obsessive love disorder. A perfect plan.

But what Alayna didn’t figure on is Hudson Pierce, the new owner of the nightclub. He’s smart, rich, and gorgeous—the kind of guy Alayna knows to stay away from if she wants to keep her past tendencies in check. Except, Hudson’s fixed his sights on her. He wants her in his bed and makes no secret of it.

Avoiding him isn’t an option after he offers a business proposition she can’t turn down and she’s drawn further into his universe, unable to resist his gravitational pull. When she learns Hudson has a dark history of his own, she realizes too late that she’s fallen for the worst man she could possibly get involved with. Or maybe their less than ideal pasts give them an opportunity to heal each other and finally find the love their lives have been missing.

~Review~


This book surprised me. I was getting into the first few pages of the book and I thought the plot seemed too predictable and familiar: A rich guy who, just by being described in the book I was so mesmerized already, then a girl who of course got so flustered with the rich guy. So I was almost on the verge of saying, “oh no not again” when things got a wee bit interesting. No, scratch that, it got way, way interesting.

So I figured the title can mean a couple of things. Fixed On You because Alayna tends to obsessed on love (borderline stalking, well a restraining order was mentioned) and meeting Hudson, getting to know him, she got a new person to fixate on which of course was a bit worrisome on her part since she has been doing well for the past years. The title can also mean that both Alayna and Hudson need each other to fix, more like heal, each other’s issues and dark past. I’m just trying to sound smart here. Haha!

Anyway, I loved this book. I think I was in a daze throughout the entire story because my goodness, I can’t even describe how hot some of the scenes there were. Whew. *grabs a glass of cold water* And I loved how some parts of the story are written in a way that made me hurt too. Well, that’s the masochist side of me talking. I really felt Alayna’s sadness there, how she felt like she was alone. I get that. And let me just say this, how terrible can Brian be?! I felt like shouting in the book to Brian after all those words he said to Alayna. And do not even get me started on Sophia. Ugh. She’s so horrible. And I think Celia is so fake.

I think the story just ended perfectly. No major cliffhanger there (thank God). Yeah, I still had a lot of questions and that’s why I am so glad there’s a second book. Hudson intrigued me though. I really wished there was little bit of his POV on the book. I really want to know what goes on his mind. What he thought of Alayna. Why he really picked Alayna out of the sea of women he can definitely choose. I had those questions all the time and not knowing almost made me a little bit crazy. Hehehe. But then again, I totally love this story. I am a sucker for a good love story and I got it here.

~Playlist~




I think Can’t Stop is just the perfect song for this book. I dare you to read the book while listening to this song the entire time. You’ll be grabbing for that glass of cold water too. Hahaha! Kidding aside, I just thought this song fits how Alayna and Hudson can’t seem to stop and get enough of each other. It’s like they really need each other that much, and not just the physical aspect of it. Like I said, they’re good for each other to heal their own pasts. Fix You, I think is obvious. And I like some Coldplay sometimes so I had to squeeze that in. Perfect Now is my song when they are “on-duty” and playing pretend. Catalyst is a song with deeper meaning but these lines are what stood out for me:
You'll be the vein, you'll be the pain, you'll be the scar
You'll be the road rolling bellow the wheels of a car
And all of the thoughts, oh God Don’t know if I’m strong enough now
You’ll be the vein, you’ll be the pain, you’ll be the catalyst

Rating:

DIAMOND RECORD

Laurelin Paige is a sucker for a good romance and gets giddy anytime there’s kissing, much to the embarrassment of her three daughters. Her husband doesn’t seem to complain, however. When she isn’t reading or writing sexy stories, she’s probably singing, watching Mad Men and the Walking Dead, or dreaming of Adam Levine. She is represented by the wonderful Bob Diforio of D4EO Literary Agency.
Stalk her: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads

1 comment: