Tuesday, February 26, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: If I Stay by Gayle Forman

If I Stay
If I Stay #1
Gayle Forman

In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by lottle she struggles to put together the pieces- to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heartwrenchingly beautiful, this will change the way you look at life, love, and family. Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time.

    I had this book on my reader for more than a month I think but as I checked on my recommendations list, this book was pushed further down that I have forgotten about it until I cannot find something that interests me anymore. Soooo... Finally finally I read it and I regretted why I haven't read it when I got the copy! WHY! *sighs*.

     Anyway, there's no room for regret because I finished this book already and WOW! I loved it! I'm not usually a fan of books where the story is mostly about "dying and being brought back". I have only one favorite book that is something like that (Before I Fall anyone?). So yeah, when I read the summary of If I Stay honestly I didn't feel an eagerness to read it. When looking for something to read, I apply the love-at-first-sight theory but not the love at first sight of the book cover. It's more of like love-at-first-summary-read. Am I making sense? Well, that didn't apply to this book, maybe which was why it was pushed further down my to-read list. But oh my oh my, maybe I should not apply that theory anymore because I am missing some really good reads! Maybe I should practice the do not judge a book by its summary? Okay I am gushing nonsense here. 


     So what I am saying really is I loved this book! Ha! I loved the contradicting personalities of Mia and Adam and how music brought them together. I loved how Adam loves Mia. I loved the complications between them. So yeah, I loved the characters that is why I loved the book!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment