Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Niks reviews: ON EVERY STREET by Karina Halle

One Every Street
The Artists Trilogy #0.5
Karina Halle

Add on:

Purchase on:

~Synopsis~

When young con artist Ellie Watt decides to call herself Eden White and go after the drug lord who ruined her as a child, she never expects to fall for one of his henchmen. But Javier Bernal is no ordinary man. Subtly dangerous and overwhelmingly seductive, Eden finds herself passionately in love with Javier, the very person she's set-up to betray. With her body and heart in a heated battle against her deep need for revenge, no one will walk away from this con a winner.

~Review~


Now now now. I hated Javier the psycho in the first book but after reading this novella I am not sure anymore. This is making me confused as a bird that hit an airplane windshield head-on!

Sweet baby ugly ducklings! Karina Halle why you doing this to us?! You are ruining your readers! Reading your comment on Goodreads, that writing this novella hurts. Well guess what? Reading it also hurts, it fucking hurts!!! And now it's confirmed, the books I love reading turned me into a masochist. Good lawd.

In this novella, readers were shown how conflicting Javier's character is. One minute I truly believe he loves Eden (Eden=Ellie, well physically), the other minute I think he's just obsessed like ducklings obsessed with following their mother (what is with me referring to avian stuff? Uhm, not sure). I am so torn! I want to believe that Javier has a heart capable of loving. That he's just as broken as Eden and Cam. But then, he'll do something that mortifies me and I'm back to square one. Ugh.

If Javier can't decide for himself I need to decide what I want to believe in right? So here goes: I think Javier is obsessed with the idea of being in love with Eden. There, there I said it but I have no way of confirming if what I believe in is really the truth. Every reader has been given an opportunity to interpret any story that they've read and this is how I interpret On Every Street. There is only one way that I can conclude my interpretation and that is to wait for this freaking trilogy to end. Dear goddess of the white swans, I can't wait for Shooting Scars!!! ;)


Rating:

DIAMOND AWARD

No comments:

Post a Comment