Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Niks reviews: SINS & NEEDLES by Karina Halle

Sins & Needles
The Artists Trilogy #1
Karina Halle

Add On:
Purchase on:

~Synopsis~

Ellie Watt is used to starting over. The daughter of a grifting team, Ellie spent her childhood being used as a pawn in her parents' latest scam. Now she’s much older, wiser and ready to give her con artist life a rest. But returning to the dry desert town of Palm Valley, California means one more temptation than she bargained for – Camden McQueen. Once known as the high school weirdo, Camden is bigger and badder than the boy he used to be and a talented tattoo artist with his own thriving business. Ellie’s counting on Camden still being in love with her but what she’s not counting on is how easily unrequited love can turn into obsession over time. When Camden discovers Ellie’s plan to con him, he makes her a deal she doesn’t dare refuse, but her freedom comes with a price and it’s one that takes both Ellie and Camden down a dangerous road.

~Review~


WTH <<< my reaction when I was into the first 2 chapters.

WTH?!!! <<< my reaction as I progresses with the story.

WHATTHEFUCKINGHELL?!!!! <<< my reaction when Cam caught Ellie.

WTF IS THIS STORY?! I CAN'T! OHGODOHGODOHDEARGOD!!! <<< my reaction at the end.

So basically this book turned me into a psycho (nearing Javier's psychopathic level I think). This book is sick people! But I loved it anyhow! Well that makes me a sicko. WHAT.EVER!

At the start of the story I wasn't really following the plot. I am sick (literally with fever) so I think that also contributed to the slow processing of my brain. I had to pause and search for the meaning of grifting/grifter because, WTF, I am not a dictionary I do not know the meaning of every single word the human race has come up with! So to those people like me who are not afraid to accept the fact that we are no genius when it comes to word definitions, here is the meaning:
Grifting/grifter - petty swindling/swindler
Now that, that word is out of the way I can happily proceed with this nonsense I am writing. I already said that I loved this book right? But I'll say it again, I FREAKING LOVE THIS BOOK!!! Okay, that feels good. ;)

This is not the first book that I've read about bad people, drugs, blah blah blah. But fucking hell, conning a con is one hell of a new twist for me. You go Camden! :)

All the while, while reading this I keep picturing the scenes in my mind. It's like watching a movie seriously! Karina has done very well describing each scene. It could very well serve as a movie script! Oh yeah, I would love for this book to be turned into a movie or tv series. ;)

As I said, the story is not one of a kind but if you have time (which bookworms have a lot even if they really have not LOL) you should definitely read this! Your time will not be put into waste I promise you! Go go go grab a copy NOW!

You! What the fuck are you waiting for?! Read it!!! :D

And with that said, this made it to my 2013 favorite books list! :)

Rating:

DIAMOND AWARD

No comments:

Post a Comment